As you know, I have been super busy exploring the forests Danita Land, collecting new mushroom, moth and butterfly specimens and preparing them for adoption. And I found BEAUTIFUL specimens of Mushroom Girls and Butterflies, along with new species I had not seen before, like the Grey Moths.
Each specimen has a very unique look and personality, with their faces made with air dry clay, hand painted and customized for each doll. Their bodies are made of soft fabric and their arms and legs can be posed in any way you want. They look beautiful when they sit on a shelf!
And on my journeys, I found a beautiful surprise where the ocean meets the woodlands… MERMAIDS!! YES! MERMAIDS!
All of them will be ready for adoption on a special Facebook event hosted by the amazing Stephanie Gagos. She will be our host and all the specimens will be available for adoption on her 2019 Spring Event.
Here are all the pieces up for adoption so far. Click on each picture to go directly to the auction event!
This event is different than the way you usually adopt from my shop, this time we will have an auction format, so let me give you a few pointers:
You will need a Facebook Account to enter the event, so once you are logged in and click to go to the EVENT PAGE, make sure you click on DISCUSSION to see the latest auctions.
Once you are in the EVENT DISCUSSION section, you will see all the bios for today’s artists, including me! Just scroll down until you see one of my dolls. I am listed as IDANIA SALCIDO instead of DANITA ART (Why? Facebook does not allow to tag Fan Pages on the adoption posts so I am using my IRL profile. But don’t worry, it’s still me!)
Keep scrolling until you see one of my specimens and click to see more. Inside every post, there is a small description of the specimen, with size, prize and everything you need to know. If you want to bid on her, just write a COMMENT with your bid. Something like BID: [YOUR $$$ BID] and Stephanie and I will take note that you are bidding on that specimen. Please remember that each bid is a contract to adopt the piece!
Feel free to comment and say something nice about if you feel like it!
Once the auction is over and YOU get to adopt a beautiful Danita Specimen, Stephanie and I will contact you for Shipping details, payment and any questions you may have.
That’s it! Thanks a lot for joining me on this wonderful event! I am looking forward to seeing you in the event, and I really hope you can adopt one of the beautiful doll specimens waiting to go to their forever home!
New dolls will be available for adoption very soon
On The Facebook Spring Event.
I am so excited to share my latest dolls with you!!!!
I have been super busy on the Danita Land Woodlands collecting new doll specimens for the last two months, and as they are getting ready to be adopted I am ready to share with you the details of this very special event on May 14th.
This time the adoptions will be made using an AUCTION FORMAT instead of the usual direct adoption, so be prepared to bid on your favorite dolls!
Adoptions will be on MAY14th… Save the date!
As the date approaches, I will be giving you more details and preview pictures of everything that will be looking for a forever home. Become a Friend on FACEBOOK and my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE and follow me on INSTAGRAM to get the latest details on this upcoming event!
I have wonderful and exciting news to share with you today! I am going to be a teacher on Ever After 2019! Yay!
I am so happy and excited to be a part of this amazing series of online classes, where me and 15 teachers will help you develop your own personal style. And guess what? Early registration is now open!! Will you follow us down the rabbit hole? I sure hope you will!
This will be the last ever class on the series, after this, no more! We will be spending 4 months making beautiful fairy-tale inspired art and we will develop our own style and unique story while we’re at it, and I promise we are going to make the last installment magical and amazing, just for you!
Sounds intriguing? Read on! 🙂 You can find out all the magical details (and sign up with the Early Bird price) by clicking HERE
For your special EarlyBird Discount!
(valid until 31st May)
And even MORE exciting news is that I can give away 1 space on this magical collaborative art course! Keep reading if you want to find out more about Ever After and if you want to find out how you can win a spot!
First let me tell you a bit more about Ever After
in case you haven’t heard about it yet!
“Ever After” is a mixed media art & style development course with a fairytale theme hosted by Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts. Tam is joined by Me (Yay!) and 14 popular mixed media art teachers who will all share beautiful fairy-tale & myth inspired lessons with you AND we will also divulge all their hints and tips on how we developed our own style and how YOU TOO can find your own unique voice as an artist! 🙂
You can find out all the details (and sign up with the Early Bird price) by clicking HERE
My chosen fairy tale is THE FROG AND THE PRINCE. My lesson will be inspired by this fairy tale, and I’m very excited to be sharing my watercolor techniques and style with you on a painting like this:
Registration is NOW OPEN and the class begins on July 1st 2019!
So if you want to start your summer drawing and painting fairy-tales, exploring your own personal story & style and hang out with a wonderful creative community of like-minded souls, be sure to join us now!
Now then, onto the give-away and blog hop! 🙂 I can give away 1 space on this year’s Ever After to 1 lucky winner!
How to enter the give-away?
1. Share this give-away on Facebook, Instagram or twitter and tag it with #danitaart.
I partnered with willowing.org for an amazing art bundle to help mother earth and fight climate change.
I’ve been reading and learning a lot about climate change and how it is affecting us, and I have been wondering what I could do to help raise awareness and help the organizations that are trying to do something about it.
And the perfect opportunity came with ART FOR EARTH! My friend Tam Laporte from willowing.org is organizing an online art event to help treesisters.org and their amazing reforestation work and she invited me to be a part of it. Yay!
On this event, me and 75+ artists are participating with online classes to create a bundle of classes that collectively is worth over $3,000 USD and we will be donating 25% of the proceedings to fight climate change and reforestation efforts.
I am participating with my doll making class: A Doll Story, where you will learn how to make a beautiful hand made, hand painted doll from scratch using humble materials that with the skills I teach you, plus your imagination, will create a unique work of art.
And together with my class, 75+ renowned artists are participating. Imagine that, for the regular price of just my online class you will get much, much more and you are helping heal the earth. Awesome!
The whole bundle is only $99.00 USD and will available for you for a VERY LIMITED time, from 4/3/2019 to 4/9/2019
If you really really love making dolls and you’d like to learn with me, this is the perfect opportunity to enroll on my class and get access to my class and the the lessons of 75+ artists on a one time opportunity. And remember, 25% of the proceedings will go to help fight climate change and protect our beautiful home, planet Earth.
1. NEW – “Mother Nature” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) by Tamara Laporte
2. NEW – “Beautiful Bugs” (Bonus) (Mixed Media Art Workshop) by Tamara Laporte
3. “Tell It: Collage” (Collage Art Class) with Liz Lamoreux
4. “She Blooms in Ink” (7 week Mixed Media & Inks Art Workshop) by Tamara Laporte
5. “On A Men Hunt” (Online Mixed Media Art Workshop) by Muriel Stegers
6. “Fearless Expression” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) by Annie Hamman
7. NEW “Flamingo Love” (Watercolour Class) with Sally Walsh from Sillier Than Sally
8. “Facing Forward 1” (Mixed Media Art Journalling Workshop) with Effy Wild
9. “Luscious Landscapes” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tracy Verdugo
10. “Be Humble/Be Noble” (A Watercolor Art Workshop) with Sarah Trumpp
11. “Real Time Live with Flora Bowley” (Live Streamed Painting Class)
12. “Faux Encaustics Spring Fling” (An Encausting Workshop) with Dena Adams
13. “Gratitude Journaling 101” (An Art Journalling Workshop) with Kiala Givehand
14. “Birthday Cake” (A Painting Workshop) with Janet Skates
15. “A Walk Down Cherry Street” (A Painting Workshop) with Janet Skates
16. “Lesson 1” (A Painting Workshop) with Janet Skates
17. “Imprinted” (A Gelli Printing Workshop) with Lucy Brydon
18. “Whimsical Watercolors – PAWfect Furry Friends Online Class” with Andrea Gomoll
19. “Earth’s Mother, Mixed Media Art Class” with Melanie Rivers
20. “The Gilded Brush” (A Workshop Inspired by Gustav Klimt) with Ivy Newport
21. “Where Once Was Water” (An Expressive Figurative Painting) with Emma Petitt
22. “Bountiful” Bonus (A Mixed Media Art Class) with Emma Petitt
23. “The Emergency Kit for Artists + Dreamers” with Andrea Schroeder
24. “The Banishing Fairy” (A Mixed Media Art Class) with Renata Loree
25. “Facing Forward 2” (Mixed Media Art Journalling Workshop) with Effy Wild
26. “Remember my song” High Resolution Printable by Annie Hamman
27. “The Secret to Lighting Up Your Life” (Art Journalling Workshop) with Whitney Freya
28. “Weird, Wordy Watercolors” (A Watercolor Art Workshop) with Sarah Trumpp
29. “Rise Above the Master Class” (A Self Coaching Painting Process with Whitney Freya
30. “Paint Buddha” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Whitney Freya
31. “The 21 Day Painting Meditation Challenge” with Whitney Freya
32. “Abstract by Design” (Creating Abstract Art) with Ivy Newport
33. “The Magic Forest” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Cristin Chambers
34. “The Princess and the Pea” (A Painting Workshop) with Janet Skates
35. “You Will Find Your Way” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Toni Burt
36. NEW – “I wish, I wish…” (Watercolor and Mixed Media art class) with Mandy van Goeije
37. NEW – “From Wishes to Needs” (Watercolor and Mixed Media art class) with Mandy van Goeije
38. NEW “The Little Big World” bonus e-book by Mandy van Goeije
39. “Between Shadow & Light” (A Portrait Class) with Ivy Newport
40. “Matisse vs Picasso” (Oil or Acrylics Art Class) with Lucy Chen
41. “heART the Earth Printable Coloring Page & Artprint” by Andrea Gomoll
42. “Soulful Shapes” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tamara Laporte
43. “Reflect and Reclaim Your Creative Freedom – 5 Amazing Art Journaling Lessons for Your Heart” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tiare Smith
44. “Seeds of Love” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tamara Laporte
45. “Soup du Jour” (A Painting Workshop) with Janet Skates
46. “I Spy” (A Collage Workshop) with Janet Skates
47. “Fly, Be Free!” (An Abstract Art Workshop) with Janet Skates
48. “Wild Wonder” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Annamieka Davidson
49. “Abundance” High Resolution Printable by Annie Hamman
50. “Drawing Frida – A Pastel Portrait Workshop” with Juna Biagioni
51. NEW – Woodland Magic” (Acrylics Art Workshop) with Katrina Koltes
52. “Woven Dreams” (A Fiber Art Workshop) with Laly Mille
53. “Creative Abundance Guidebook” (E-Book) with Shelley Klammer
54. “Wax On” (Encaustic Monoprints and Watercolor) with Wyanne Thompson
55. “Book of Flow …and so it continues” (Art Journaling E-course) with Jenny Grant
56. NEW “Doll Dreams – Digital coloring book with 15 images” (Colouring Book PDF) by Ady Almanza
57. “Magic Woman” High Resolution Art Print by Ady Almanza
58. “Layered Mandala” (Mixed Media Painting Workshop) with Faith Evans-Sills
59. “Leaf Painting Workshop” with Faith Evans-Sills
60. “Boho Walking” Retro ~60s-70s Art Class (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Pamela Vosseller
61. “The 21 Day Painting Meditation Challenge” (Meditation & Watercolour Workshop with Whitney Freya
62. “Painting the Muse” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Alena Hennessy
63. “Transparendipity” (Art Journaling Workshop) with France Papillon
64. “Autumn Fairy” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tamara Laporte
65. “Fall by the River” Mixed Media Landscape Workshop) with Roberta Laliberte
66. NEW “Create a Papercut Effect in Procreate” (Digital Workshop for iPad on ProCreate) with Kathy Glynn
67. “Smallest Acts of Kindness” High Resolution Printable by Annie Hamman 68. “A Doll Story” (Learn How to Create Cloth Dolls Online Class) with Danita Art
69. “Mother Nature” High Resolution Art Print (for personal use) by Tamara Laporte
70. “Nature Collage Sheet” High Resolution PDF by Tamara Laporte
71. “Compassionate Flow: Deer Girl” (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tamara Laporte
72. “Art Journaling & Mixed Media e-course” with Marieke Blokland
73. “Walk Gently Upon the Earth” High Resolution Art Print (for personal use) by Kathy Glynn
74. NEW “Cute Monster Mini Class” (Mixed Media Course in E-book + Video) by Marielle Stolp
75. “Printable Collage Sheet”A collage sheet with cute girlies that can be used in a planner or bullet journal or for card making by Marielle Stolp
76. “A Heart Full of Happy (Mixed Media Art Workshop) with Tamara Laporte
77. “A Walk Down Cherry Street” (A Painting Workshop) with Janet Skates
78. “Daring Adventures in Collage ” (Online Collage Workshop) with Mati Rose McDonough
79. “Starry Eyed” (Large Scale Painting Workshop) with Stephen Lursen
80. “Painted Backgrounds” Printable Mixed Media Collage sheets by Marieke Blokland
81. “Beautiful Bumble Bee” High Resolution Art Print (for personal use) by Tamara Laporte
82. “Our Lady of Abundance” with Amber Kuileimailani Bonnici
83. “A Portrait Course Inspired by Henri Toulouse Lautrec (Mixed Media Art) with Lauren Rudolph
How are you?! I hope you are having a wonderful start of the year. I got to visit my parents and spent Christmas with them, so nice to be able to spend time with them and talk and talk and talk until the late hours of night, and I decided to stay home for the New year with my own family. It was a quiet New Year’s eve here, but we got to be together and watched movies cuddled up in our bed. It sure makes for memories I will treasure when everyone grows up and they won’t be with me all the time.
2018 Was a very interesting year for me.
Moving back to my old house and making do with what we have now was difficult in the beginning. Honestly, I felt like a huge failure and it started reflecting on my work, I could not feel inspired as much as I did because I could not let go.
But with time, I’m learning that home is not a place, but a feeling. It’s the place where you are with the ones you love and love you back, where your family bonds grow and where you feel comfortable and cozy.
Now I am making an extra effort to make our house our home again and I am in love with the process. I got the downsizing bug and I started getting rid of the things I own that do not make me happy, and it’s been liberating.
I’m not only de-cluttering my house, but also I am de-cluttering my mind and my heart, and it feels great getting rid of everything that does not make you happy. It’s opened me up to more love and creativity to start the new year.
I want to thank you for your never ending support, and I hope you find lots of love and joy in this 2019!!!
I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving with you and your loved ones!
I cooked a turkey and went to the movies to see the latest in the Harry potter series. I loved it!
You may be wondering why there is no turkey on my pic…. My son is learning to do embroidery at school and he made me this pouch. It’s a peacock (His favorite animal!) and he made it for thanksgiving because they are related to turkeys, so he thought it was a very appropriate gift…. Gotta love him!!
I just wanted to let you know I’m so very thankful for being there and supporting my work. I would not be there without your love. It means everything to me and I am forever grateful for the opportunity you give me to continue doing what I love.
Making them was a wonderful experience. I used new materials, new techniques and as always, put my soul into them.
I loved seeing them flutter around the studio and see each one of them fly away to their forever homes.
But she stayed. She is very happy to keep me company on my creative nights and my everyday afternoons, but winter is coming around soon and she will need to go to a warmer place. Rules of life I guess.
She’s made me think a lot about that, specially as I watch my kids play in the living room and how they are growing. First it was wood blocks, then my little pony and action figures, and now videogames.
They are happy and make me happy, but like this little doll, there will come the time for them to leave too. It’s a bittersweet feeling, but accepting it makes me wiser.
Yay! I just finished choosing the images I wanted to use for the 2019 Danita desk calendar and I am so happy!
This year I chose a series of watercolor portraits with different themes represented in their hair. Each one as unique as the month they represent, they will brighten your days all year long with their beautiful faces.